Thursday, January 12, 2012

Welcome To My Little Yellow Room

I'm not exactly sure why at this point, but I woke up inspired to put together this little blog. I have a few life changes coming down the pike in the next month and my mind races EVERY DAY with the possibilities once my full time job ends and I'm home 24/7. I envision being able to be fully here for my boys and husband....no worries about being tied to the phone or computer anticipating the next crisis at work. I'll be able to "keep house" the way I haven't been able to do so in the past (on a daily basis vs. once every month or so). I'll be able to do more "stuff" with the boys....going outside on a walk in the middle of the day, story time at the library, an impromptu trip to the playground, the list could go on and on. I have loved to do crafty things ever since I was a little girl. I have a little yellow room in my house to prove how much I love crafts. When we built our house several years ago, my husband's main request was a TV room....mine was a room where I can put all my stuff.

My little yellow room is pretty cool. It has evolved a little since my first son, now four years old, came along. Instead of only stamps, scrapbook supplies and fancy paper taking over my room....I have all kinds of fun projects stowed away in the closet for him, construction paper, glue, lots of random stuff. I love the possibilites of all the cool stuff we can do together and what I can do on my own time.

I want this blog to be the place where I share some of the fun stuff I get to do with my boys, photographs that I have taken (I'm still learning how to do this better), food I've made, cupcakes and cakes I've decorated, paintings, ways I attempt to organize stuff and other random projects. I have a serious obsession with Pinterest these days as so many other people do. I see so many possibilities out there and things I would LOVE to do but just haven't made the time. My goal is to revisit some of the great ideas and do something with them....not just admire the pretty pictures and think....one day I'll do that. I want to take advantage of my creativeness and actually do something. Instead of just copying ideas, hopefully my creative juices will start flowing once again (once I get away from my business mindset I've been stuck in for many many years) and "make it my own"or maybe even create something I've never seen before. We'll see where the future leads!

I'm not sure if anyone will even care what I'm doing in my little yellow room. If nothing else, it will be a way to document my journey and remember this season of my life where I have the time and ability to do some great stuff with my kids and for myself. I have a feeling my husband will be roped into some of the projects too as they involve wood working and building--not my strength. If you are interested in following my journey, feel free to subscribe by email at the top of the page and keep up with My Little Yellow Room!

No comments:

Post a Comment