Thursday, April 25, 2013

DIY Train Table

My two year old is OBSESSED with trains right now. I thought about scouring Craigs List for unused train tables that would fit the bill. Last month we moved and in the process I saw my coffee table that I've had for many years. I thought this table would be ideal for a table that may or may not be a hit for a two year old.
 
 First coat. I figured out that the foam brush wasn't cutting it very well and switched over to an actual paint roller. It gave a MUCH better look in the end.

My five year old wanted to help so much. I gave him the task of painting the lake for his brother's gift.

This is what it looked like before lines were added to the street and the rail road sign finished. I also added about 5 or 6 coats of polyurethane to the top to try to protect the surface a little bit.

I love the finished product. Instead of the round railroad street sign that normally has an "RR" on it, I put my son's initials on the sign to personalize it a little bit.

The finished product.


Both the boys enjoying the table. They can't get enough of it! I'm happy to say that the table will be around for a while and used daily.

1 comment:

  1. T-55B T-55B | Titanium Art, Furniture & Furniture | iTa
    T-55B. welding titanium The raft titanium T-55B features a polished titanium ford fusion titanium plate that provides a fine shine and balance of all components to create titanium magnetic a distinctive titanium water bottle look.

    ReplyDelete