Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Edible Butterfly Life Cycle

It looks like I'll be in "butterfly world" for a while with my grandma's party and all. My son' preschool class recently studied butterflies, even grew some from caterpillars (something I plan on doing here after we get back from vacation later this Spring). I had seen this example of an edible butterfly cycle. I decided that we would try it in our house for an interesting snack. I look forward to trying some of her stuff with the Very Hungry Caterpillar as well. We drew the four basic stages on a plate as my son told me about each in detail. It was his job to put everything in the right category. He's a pretty good teacher!
We used marshmallows for the eggs, gummy worms for caterpillars, tootsie rolls for the chrysalis and fancy crackers for the butterfly.
















Very proud of his work (probably more excited to eat it than anything)!

No comments:

Post a Comment